No Dig Gardening in the Tropics
This workshop is designed for anyone who is interested to get started in growing fresh vegetables in their house / apartment or anyone who has already been bitten by the gardening bug, but wants to see better results.
A half day practical introduction to home gardening and soil nutrition, with ‘Growtong’ founder, Harbir Gill
The course is hands-on and will introduce you to the basic principles of composting, making your own soil nutrition, no dig gardening and the benefits that come with it.
- Why do more and more people want to grow their own food?
- Where to get started
- Basics of soil nutrition
- What is compost?
- How to make compost
- Concepts of no-dig gardening
- Creating potting mix
- Planting in containers / raised beds for best results
- Step by step of making compost using two different methods – practical for house or apartment
- Building a no-dig garden bed and planting veggies
- Creating a potting mix and planting in containers
Time and Date
9am – 1pm.
Saturday, 18th October 2014
Eats, Shoots & Roots,
Bukit Gasing, Petaling Jaya.
RM180, inclusive of tea breaks, refreshments and seedling starter kit
Discounts are available too:
Register before 6th October 2014, and get a discounted fee of RM165.
Sign up with another friend or more, and get a discounted fee of RM165 each.